Sunday, December 2, 2007

Tis the Season to Decorate!
















I love, love, love decorating for Christmas. It is a sure fire way to get me in the spirit of the season. I have very fond memories as a kid of the day after Thanksgiving, busting out the Christmas CDs (Carpenters, Beach Boys, Alabama, Tractors, etc) and the millions of decorations. I think we covered every inch of our house. It usually ended up being an all day thing but at the end of the day you had built a dream world. As I have gotten older, it’s been interesting contemplating the future traditions I want to have and how so many of them are the traditions of the past with my own individual flare. I’m so grateful for the fun times of my childhood, especially during the holidays and the inspiration they have given me as an adult.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Cute tree!! I love your decorations! Looks like you guys had a fun time doing it too... gotta love it! :) I'm all about the Christmas music too.. for me.. a classic is Nat King Cole!

Shauna said...

Love your decorations and cute cute christmas tree. :) You and your roommates are so cute. I love it! Merry Merry!