Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Favorite Ride in the World










When a group of us decided to go to the Utah state fair, I was a little sad. I kept thinking of the years spent at the Puyallup fair. The days of scones, doo doo birds, cotton candy, big button pictures, elephant ears, and let us not forget the Zipper ride. It turns out the Utah state fair is a quarter of the size and lacks the scones, elephant ears and a few other essentials, but with the right group of people it is a blast. The Zipper was my first and last ride of the night, which added to the complete picture. Puyallup will always be my favorite fair, but the Utah fair is a nice consolation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep in mind kiddo... the Puyallup fair is the Grandaddy of all the fairs in the State of Washington... that's why it is so huge! You would have to go a long way to beat the Puyallup!!! Nice you got to have some fun... nothing like being upside down and sideways to make you appreciate being verticle again!

Jen said...

1/4 the size??? I'd say 1/8th....I too had Puyallup Fair withdraws when I moved out to good ole Utah! :( Nothing like the rickety old roller coaster in Wa! Let's GO! Next year I say we do the Puyallup, whoever pukes first has to pay ;)

Shauna said...

I agree let's all go to the fair next year. . .I'll plan it! I'm a planner.:) Sept . . .? Ok We'll wait until it comes a little closer. Glad you had fun!

MaDeb or Deb said...

I want to join the fair group next year too! It's a good thing you went with fun people because it sounded a little small. Sunday I was having Puyallup Fair withdrawals and decided to make a batch of hot scones....a ton of butter and good ole homemade raspberry jam. They are the best@!! I get them all done and realize they aren't on the "Lifestyle".... Well for a great scone I just might have to cheat a little.. or mail them to you! Glad you had fun !

Becca said...

The Zipper honestly freaks me out!! It's a fun ride, but I always wonder if I'll be in the cage that flips right off! Sounds like the fair was fun. I've never ventured to the Utah one... it sounds like the Puyallup is the way to go. I'm in! :)

Alyssa said...

I love it! Girls trip to Puyallup fair!

Anonymous said...

OK, so I have come to the conclusion that your mother thinks she lives in OreWashtah kinda like the Verizon commercial. Either that or her GPS is on the fritz and she has no idea where her nest is!!! She's still crazy as ever ... but it's obvious she's bent on having a good time!