Monday, October 8, 2007

Who Says They Aren't Any Good Guys Left.....





So who says all the good guys are gone, apparently they just have to be 5 and a little shorter than expected. For Max's 5th birthday I decided it might be fun to go on an Auntie and nephew date. When I went to pick him, I was greeted by an euthusiastic little dude and a little sissy saying "Nana shoes, shoes". After sitting in the rainy traffic for what seemed like forever to my short date and him asking if we were going to eat at every restaraunt on State Street and University (He would say are we eating at the eating at the tomato - Fazzolis, or the burger - Burger King, or the hat - Arbys, and on and on.) we finally arrived at Brick Oven. Being the fun Auntie, I was thinking I will let the kid get whatever he wants, pizza, ice cream, go nuts. Max informed me that pizza was junk for his body and that by the time we came to ordering desert he had a tummy ache from his chicken nuggets and probably more from the 3 cups of chocolate milk. But the balloon lady was there to make the night all better and made him a black and red spider, which he was pretty stoked about. After that we ran to the car, literally because it poured rain all night and headed to the animal museum at BYU. At first Max was a little hesitant and maybe a little tired, but as we walked throught the museum and talked about how cool the animals were and yes I might have let him touch them, he started to get really excited. And we begun taking the animals pictures to show to brothers. As a little treat at the end he picked out a toy at the gift shop and we headed on home. While walking in the door, he was amazed at his cool stuff from the evening and was excited to tell about his adventures, so I think this was a mission accomplished. For me, all and all probably one of the better dates I have ever been on. (:

7 comments:

Becca said...

Too cute! What an awesome auntie you are! Max is one lucky boy! I love that idea... too bad Ellice's kids aren't closer!

Jen said...

How fun you are!! I want a Max date now too :)

Shauna said...

AHhhhh! Hello! Best Auntie ever. . .Max is still talking about his big date. I'm pretty sure was planning his 'Birthday date.' Look what you have started.:) Thanks for being great! We love Aunt Lyss.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh. How fun are you!! Those kid's are so lucky to have such a wonderful Aunt Lyss so close by! When I watch you play with them I can see such love in your big heart for them and a great sparkle in their eyes. Keep up the great work Aunt Lyss but rotate with a 25ish year old. LOL. Love you

Anonymous said...

Lyssa.. what a great idea! You know how to make a Nephew feel really special! He is very lucky to have you in his life. I am so happy to see all your fun pictures, it's looks like you are having a blast in good old Provo. Love ya sweetie!

Brooke said...

I am so jealous!!! I want to be the fun Auntie too! That is a great idea... You are an awesome Auntie! Love you and miss you!

Brooke said...

How about you take me on a date too! =)