Sunday, April 13, 2008

Horton Hears a Who

A few months ago I saw the previews for Horton Hear a Who. And I am not going to lie I kind of wanted to see it, the inner child I am sure. So I convinced the Watson kiddies to go with me. One of my favorite parts was Jacq saying "my Horton" almost everytime she saw the elephant on screen. The boys watched so intently and didn't make a sound. Jacq on the other hand narrated almost the whole movie for me, letting me know when Horton got in the water, when he was swimming, etc. As we were walking out I had a little bit of a lagger, Barrett. I looked back and saw little friend picking up popcorn off the floor and placing it in his mouth. Yeah, apparently he did not get enough of the big bag. I couldn't help but laugh and tell him to knock it off.




Once we exited the theater there was no way we were making it to the van, the kids found a pond with rocks. They asked if they could have money to through in. As they were throwing their money in I told them to make a wish, then they proceeded to find tons of rocks, throw them in and make every wish on earth at the top of their lungs...it was pretty dang cute.


And what kind of day would it be if we didn't end it right with a stop at McDonalds.
The only challenge of the day was trying to get them off the toy and back in the car.









6 comments:

Brooke said...

Auntie is soooo jealous that i am not there to spoil the kids as bad as you do! You are such a cute Aunt... Love you

Shauna said...

What a fun Aunt Lyss you are. Thanks for taking the kids. They had fun and more importantly I had fun. :) Love you!

MaDeb or Deb said...

You've got to be the best Auntie Lyss ever! You are building such great and lasting memories with those little one that will last for years. You're the best ever...and I love you a bunch! Mom

Alex and Jessica and kids said...

How fun to go to that movie with the kids. YOu are a fun lady, I like you.

Barrett Bunch said...

I love you, you are a brave soul, before kidsI would have never done that... Wish Ella and Kayla could play too... Soon enough wehn we visit!

Jen said...

You are soooo fun, and sooo brave :) I am sure they will be talking about Horton for a LONG time :)