Saturday, March 29, 2008

Long Lost JOY!








For those of you who don't know my background growing up, which I know a lot of you do, I'm from the sticks. I am from Yelm, Washington. One of those small towns with one or two stop lights. So to pass the time, one of the many fun activities we played was paintballing. I remember we got so into as a family, we all had nicknames and got dog tags made when we were on a family trip in Hawaii. My nickname was "Groundhog" because I hugged that ground so hard for the fear of the painful ball. Apparently I got over it, because a bunch of us went paintballing at an indoor course (yeah I know outdoor so much better:)) and lit it up. For the first game I was on fire and tagged people out left and right but then I was getting pinned down every other game. The cherry on the top was being shot in my La-La. Apparently from the bird's eye view, I got shot, collapsed to the side and started screaming. At that point I was done, good thing it was almost the last game. I forgot how much I love the adrenalin and the rush of the game. I am pretty sure paintballing is going to become a regular activity once again.

10 comments:

Shauna said...

You are one crazy girl! BTW have I ever told you how much I LOVE paintballing?

Brooke said...

I love it you are soooo much fun!

Barrett Bunch said...

Wow, you are one brave lady! Not so sure I could do it... Looks like fun though, I can maybe give it a shot with the younger kiddos for my first time...

Linds Forrest said...

I love it Lys! Way to go get em!! Your power of love for life is always inspiring. Happy Monday!

MaDeb or Deb said...

Oh aren't you fun! I'm with you when it comes to loving the game. I was tree frog and I was that for a reason! I didn't like the pain of getting hit... but loved the Adrenalin of hitting from above! Be careful... you're going to be a bruised beauty!!!

Jen said...

Oh you crazy girl....making me miss the days of paintball! So glad you had fun and have some bruises to show for it :)

Courtney said...

ok your freaken buts i love it... i was always such a wimp when we paint balled i just would hide the hole time. i always had the im going to pee my pants feeling when i played!

Jess and Joe said...

Lyss...I can't help by say that this reminds me of the highlighter fights that you used to have with Les. I remember those hugh welts and the oh...the many bruises! Good times!
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

You are brave! I don't think I have ever been paintballing and it is all because I am a woos! I am scared to death of getting hit by those quick moving balls of paint. My brothers are really into the airsoft guns. If you haven't done those yet, you probably should try that. I think you'd enjoy that. They hurt too though!

Becca said...

You are so funny-- I'm way too wimpy for that.. but I give you major props! :) Nice battle wound!